Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My friend tried to commit suicide?

My best friend's suffered from depression since middle school. She's always been inconsistent with therapy and medications, it's gotten to the point where she refuses help altogether. A few days ago, she lost her phone and left our group for a few hours; a couple hours later she called me and calmly asked me if we could hang out. She'd been acting cold and withdrawn these last couple of weeks, so I immediately agreed. We watched movies, talked about people and decided to pick up some snacks at the grocery store when she abruptly froze in the car. She told me she furiously and blindly consumed pills in her pantry after I dropped her off and sat in her tub waiting to die. My friend says she retched the pharmaceuticals after a few minutes and cried in the shower. She's been acting reasonably normal these last few days, but I'm really scared. She's always feigned an interest in suicide but she's always been too afraid to actually attempt it, I think this is the first time she's tried... We go to school in different states and I only see her during quarterly breaks. I think she's lying to me about going to school, her family situation's a mess and she's becoming more and more isolated from our friends. I told her she needs to get help, but I'm sure she won't in time. Please help me. What do I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment